COVID-19 Third Dose Vaccine – Eligibility for, and timing, of, a third primary dose vaccination as part of a primary course are based on an individual with severe immunosuppression’s clinical needs, informed by the timing of their specific theraputic interventions and personal care plan. If you fit this criteria, you will be contacted by your consultant, who will provide you with the appropriate documentation or if you have been identified by the GP practice, we will complete a PSD form.
COVID-19 Booster Vaccine – The following people should be offered a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in the same order as the first part of the vaccination programme.
- Those living in residential care homes for older adults.
- All adults aged 50 years or over.
- Frontline health and social care workers.
- All those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19 (as set out in the green book), and adult carers.
- Adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals.
The JCVI advises that the booster vaccine dose should be offered no earlier than six months (180 days) after completion of the first course of vaccination.
To book an appointment please call the South Tyneside Vaccination Contact Centre on 0191 283 1925.