HEALTHWATCH SOUTH TYNESIDE
Healthwatch South Tyneside
Jarrow Community Centre
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0191 4897952
Health and Social Care in South Tyneside
Have your say and influence how services are delivered in your area.
What does Healthwatch do?
Healthwatch helps people to get the best out of their local health and social care services, by giving people a stronger voice to influence the delivery of services based on the evidence of the people who use them.
- We gather the views and experiences of local people using the services.
- We have the power to “Enter and View” adult and social care services.
- Influence how services are set up and commissioned by having a seat on the local Health and Wellbeing Board.
- Pass information and recommendations to Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission.
If you have an interest in health and social care, are friendly, enthusiastic and able to work as part of a small team……we would like to hear from you.
Areas that you could be involved in include:
- Raising the awareness of Healthwatch at events or delivering informal presentations to groups and organisations.
- Training to become an “Enter and View” volunteer.
- “Enter and View” volunteers will be trained to ensure they have the required skills and be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Volunteers will then have the opportunity to visit local Health and Social Care premises to see and hear for themselves how services are being delivered.
- We use this information to make recommendations on service improvement.